Sales is the growth engine for Onera. The team generates bookings across new and existing accounts by solving real problems and driving tangible business value. It provides a pulse on industry trends and competitive activity, ensuring the company constantly evolves to meet market needs. The Sales team is Onera’s “first impression”—a prospective customer’s interaction with Sales informs the tone and tenor of its entire relationship with Onera.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our fast-growing team. As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for supporting the Sales team’s outbound lead generation efforts:
- Develop inside sales strategy: Develop an inside sales strategy and territory penetration plan. Partner closely with Enterprise Account Executives to prioritize accounts, conduct research, adapt messaging, and identify the right stakeholders to target across multiple buying centers.
- Create and execute prospecting & lead generation plans: Identify the tools and operations needed to enable effective lead generation. Generate leads and qualified meetings for Enterprise Account Executives. Create and execute against prospecting campaigns, using a variety of media (phone, email, LinkedIn).
- Support sales enablement: Assist with sales enablement, including meeting preparation and materials development. Support Sales in the initiation and advancement of opportunities through the pipeline. Provide feedback to Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product based on prospective customer feedback, market insights and industry trends..
- Serve as a cross-functional partner and subject matter expert: Partner with Marketing to build and run drip marketing campaigns. Build strong depth of understanding of Onera’s platform, products, and value proposition, as well as industry business processes and terminology.
- You’re disciplined and conscientious. You proactively follow up on next steps across multiple active opportunities. You take a data-driven approach to tracking activity and generating success metrics.
- You’re a natural communicator. You are comfortable calling on and leading discussions with senior executives, and overcoming objections to solidify a next step.
- You’re resourceful and resilient. You have a relentless focus on obtaining outcomes.
- You’re self-driven. You’re highly competitive, motivated, and creative.
- You’re curious. You’re interested in professional career development and are open to coaching and continuous learning.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience generating qualified leads and opportunities for field sales teams
- Comfort and expertise calling on senior level contacts at Fortune 1000 enterprises
- Ability to articulate a complex, technical product quickly and clearly
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including facility with selling and handling objections over the phone
- Data-driven approach to tracking activity and metrics
- Experience in the technology industry, ideally with Software-as-a-Service solutions
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Comprehensive compensation includes salary, equity and benefits.
We believe in creating a safe, engaging environment for our team, customers, and partners. We also believe our team is its best when we bring our authentic selves to work. Onera is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity in our workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.