As a product-driven company, the Engineering team is at the core of what Onera does. Our Engineers create flexible applications, discrete algorithms, and scalable systems that help commerce companies improve their real-time operations. We deal with massive quantities of data leveraging a cloud native architecture in AWS and open source technologies including, but not limited to React, Java, Python, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, etc.
About the Role
We are looking for full-time Data Engineers to:
- Own value delivery for new data pipelines and data projects end to end
- Develop, implement (write code), and test agreed-upon improvements to our data pipelines and systems
- Monitor and support production issues for our real-time data pipelines
- Collaborate with other engineers to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Continuously improve our engineering culture, including practices and processes
- You have excellent programming and communication skills. You have a keen attention to detail and are comfortable with cloud services. You have a passion for building new applications and systems. You can effectively communicate what you do.
- You follow emerging technologies. You’re curious about “what’s next” in our field, and you’re excited to integrate those concepts into the future of our platform.
- You’re a problem-solver. You enjoy collaborating across a team, and are curious to dig into any problem that comes your way.
- You’re eager to learn. Startups are hard, but you are eager to learn so that you can put yourself, your team, and the company in a position to keep growing.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years experience as a data engineer managing production data pipelines
- Hands-on familiarity with programming languages like Java and Python (familiarity with shell scripting preferred)
- Experience within AWS, with SQL and NoSQL databases, and Airflow
- Basic knowledge of different data transfer protocols (FTP, streaming), and APIs
- Ability to convey complex ideas to a non-technical audience
We believe in creating a safe, engaging environment for our team, customers, and partners. We also believe our team is its best when we bring our authentic selves to work. Onera is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity in our workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.