As a product-driven company, the Engineering team is at the core of what Onera does. Our Engineers create the flexible applications, discrete algorithms, and scalable systems that help commerce companies improve their real-time operations.
Founding members of our technical team have built large-scale systems and real-world applied algorithms at Facebook, Google, and BloomReach. We deal with massive quantities of data and have been using cloud-based tools like PubSub, Airflow, Spark, and Redis (to name a few).
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time, experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) Engineer to:
- Partner with engineering to plan Onera’s infrastructure roadmap
- Design, build, and maintain Onera’s engineering infrastructure
- Create a best-in-class customer experience by ensuring scalability of core infrastructure
- Collaborate with developers to improve the software development lifecycle, and ensure infrastructure meets requirements and conforms to best practices
- Automate deployment of Linux applications, system configurations, and security settings
- You have a strong technical background. You enjoy thinking about technology systems and processes, and how to improve them for ease of use, stability, and scalability.
- You have excellent programming skills. You have a keen attention to detail and are comfortable with cloud services.
- You follow emerging technologies. You’re curious to learn about and gather new open source technologies and related tools.
- You’re a problem-solver. You enjoy collaborating across a team, and are curious to dig into any problem that comes your way.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields (required)
- 2+ years experience in development and operations, or infrastructure engineering
- Previous experience implementing cloud infrastructure and software development best practices
- Strong experience with Linux infrastructures, database SQL, CI/CD tools
- A working understanding of code and script
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Comprehensive compensation includes salary, equity, and benefits.
We believe in creating a safe, engaging environment for our team, customers, and partners. We also believe our team is its best when we bring our authentic selves to work. Onera is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity in our workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.