As a product-driven company, the Engineering team is at the core of what Onera does. Our Engineers create flexible applications, discrete algorithms, and scalable systems that help commerce companies improve their real-time operations.
Founding members of our technical team have built real-world applied algorithms and large-scale systems at Google, Facebook, and BloomReach. We deal with massive quantities of data leveraging a cloud native architecture in AWS and open source technologies including, but not limited to React, Java, Python, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, etc.
About the Role
We are looking for full-time, experienced full-stack Software Engineers to:
- Scope technical projects across Onera’s products and systems
- Own value delivery for new features and projects end to end
- Design, implement (write code), and test agreed-upon system applications
- Collaborate with developers to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Continuously improve our engineering culture, including practices and processes
- You have excellent programming and communication skills. You have a keen attention to detail and are comfortable with cloud services. You have a passion for building new applications and systems. You can effectively communicate what you do.
- You follow emerging technologies. You’re curious about “what’s next” in our field, and you’re excited to integrate those concepts into the future of our platform.
- You’re a problem-solver. You enjoy collaborating across a team, and are curious to dig into any problem that comes your way.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
- You’re eager to learn. Startups are hard, but you are eager to learn so that you can put yourself, your team, and the company in a position to keep growing.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years experience with full-stack development and large-scale distributed systems
- In-depth understanding of the entire software development lifecycle (design, development, and deployment)
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Comprehensive compensation includes salary, equity, and benefits.
We believe in creating a safe, engaging environment for our team, customers, and partners. We also believe our team is its best when we bring our authentic selves to work. Onera is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity in our workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.