As a product-driven company, the Engineering team is at the core of what Onera does. Our Engineers create the discrete algorithms that help some of the largest commerce companies in the country solve real-time optimization problems. Our technical team includes Ph. D. graduates from Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford, and members who have built real-world applied algorithms at Facebook, Google, and BloomReach.
We deal with massive quantities of data and have been using cloud-based tools like Spark, Airflow, PubSub, and Redis (to name a few).
About the Role
We are looking for full-time, experienced back-end Software Engineers to:
- Design, implement, and test agreed-upon system applications for consistency and user experience
- Collaborate with developers to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- You have excellent programming skills. You have a keen attention to detail and are comfortable with cloud services. You have a passion for designing and developing large-scale systems.
- You follow emerging technologies. You’re curious about “what’s next” in our field, and you’re excited to integrate those concepts into the future of our platform.
- You’re a problem-solver. You enjoy collaborating across a team, and are curious and resilient enough to solve any problem that comes your way.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields (required)
- 5+ years experience with in-depth understanding of the entire software development process (design, development and deployment)
- Hands-on experience with Linux infrastructures on AWS/GCP and programming languages like Java
- Ph. D. is a plus
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Comprehensive compensation includes salary, equity, and benefits.
We believe in creating a safe, engaging environment for our team, customers, and partners. We also believe our team is its best when we bring our authentic selves to work. Onera is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity in our workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.