As a product-driven company, the Engineering team is at the core of what Onera does. Our Engineers create the flexible applications, discrete algorithms, and scalable systems that help commerce companies improve their real-time operations.
Founding members of our technical team have built real-world applied algorithms and large-scale systems at Facebook, Google, and BloomReach. We deal with massive quantities of data and have been using cloud-based tools like PubSub, Airflow, Spark, and Redis (to name a few).
About the Role
We are looking for full-time, experienced back-end Software Engineers to:
- Design, implement (write code), and test agreed-upon system applications
- Collaborate with developers to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- You have excellent programming skills. You have a keen attention to detail and are comfortable with cloud services. You have a passion for designing and developing large-scale systems.
- You follow emerging technologies. You’re curious about “what’s next” in our field, and you’re excited to integrate those concepts into the future of our platform.
- You’re a problem-solver. You enjoy collaborating across a team, and are curious to dig into any problem that comes your way.
- You’re hungry and humble. You believe that every question deserves to be answered, and every perspective is worth hearing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields (required)
- 5+ years experience with large-scale distributed systems
- In-depth understanding of the entire software development lifecycle (design, development, and deployment)
- Hands-on familiarity with AWS/GCP and programming languages like Java
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Comprehensive compensation includes salary, equity, and benefits.
We believe in creating a safe, engaging environment for our team, customers, and partners. We also believe our team is its best when we bring our authentic selves to work. Onera is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity in our workplace, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.